search us!

July 5, 2010

post

Hello there,

Shockingly I have actually been doing some things in the last two weeks, not to mention that the 29th of June was my nineteenth (weird looking word..) birthday

My birthday was actually quite uneventful, but I got to see a close friend I haven't seen in ages and she even made me a really delicious pear and almond cake. I didn't ask for much in the way of gifts either, but I did get a few nice things:



my gorgeous glockenspiel <3


- a cute angel glockenspiel from urban outfitters, fulfilling a small part of my earlier wishes. I have no idea what I will actually do with it, but so far I have learnt to play Don't Stop Believin' by Journey, which is clearly a good enough reason to own it. 


- a new sims 3 expansion pack, ambitions. luckily I am now on break and have time to play!


- some money from my mother, aunty and grandmother, so now I feel slightly less like a poor hobo


- fancy nail polishes, which are my new obsession. I got a nice dark grey, light minty green, baby blue, the most beautiful lilac and two botttles of china glaze "matte magic" which is a topcoat that will give any colour an amazing matte finish. I am so in love with this right now, I can't stop looking at my fingers.

-----


The glockenspiel and nail polishes were especially exciting because they came through the post, which are a great novelty to me. I think getting something in a package makes it a bit more special though, because you have to wait for it. Even if it is a surprise, it is nice to think that the objects contained come from someplace far away.

I also received another package this week. A few months ago I mentioned and eventually signed up for the package project, which is a project organised by cupcake couture. People all over the world have emailed a few of their details (myself included), and have been paired up with another person and each pair must then send a package full of little treats to one another!

Now I sent my package off a couple of weeks ago, and I actually wish I had taken some photos of it because I went a bit crazy with it and made little labels and everything (what I get for being a bored designer..) My package arrived a few days ago, and I recieved a few lovely things including a pretty vintage red silk scarf, little pouch featuring Blythe (a great coincidence as I own two) and a mix C.D. featuring some of her songs as she is a singer/songwriter (and a talented one at that!).

As for the rest of my holidays, I have hardly any plans. One thing I do really want to get around to is a trip to Newcastle to visit some op shops that are far beyond my usual circuit and find some amazing bargains.

xx Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment