search us!

June 11, 2010

something else..

Finally the time has come and I am actually on holidays, rather than ignoring my work and pretending that I am. Hooray!

Now I have only one long-winded and possibly uninteresting story to tell today (now I bet you are dying to continue reading..!)

For ages and ages I have had an obsession with Something Else by Natalie Wood. I swear, every single thing made by that brand I want so much it hurts. So while doing my random e-shop browsing I stumbled upon this beatiful collar (you may know I am obsessed with collars from previous posts..)


pic via idontlikemondays

And you can just guess who made it. Yep. Bloody Something Else. Trying to get me to spend all my hard-earned money already, and I only got it two days ago.. I swear whoever is designing these things has the ability to read my mind.

I do have a brilliant story about my gorgeous Something Else dress, which is white with black speckles and is practically weightless, the most beautiful thing to wear. Ever. I bought it from David Jones at the beginning of the year as I had been given a $100 gift voucher for christmas (thanks dad!) But that is not the amazing part. The dress was originally $260 (crazy-expensive for me..), but had been marked down on the label to $90. Only one of the dresses had been marked at this price and the rest were twice as expensive.. so I decided to get that one just to be on the safe side. When I got to the counter, the woman was confused because when she scanned the barcode it said $180.

Apparently, someone had marked the price wrong, as the $90 price was supposed to be for the tops of the same print. I'm glad they did though, because the woman called her supervisor and ended up letting me have it anyway! The sweetest thing about it is that only a couple of weeks ago I saw that they still had one left and it had been marked down to $120, so my price was still lower and that was half a year ago..

And that my friends is why they call me bargain shopper extraordinaire :)
(that and my three dollar vinnie's finds..)

xx Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment