search us!

June 23, 2010

moar typez

Checking in today to give you a bit of typography lovin' because god do I love type. I really do. If only I was any good at it! Although this semester I ended up with a credit average rather than just a pass for my typography subject but now I'm going off the topic.

First of all is one that has been doing the design-blog rounds recently, the big caption. Basically, people take photographs from the Chicago Tribune’s The Big Photo  and add some pretty words for hilarity/serious-point-makingness. I think it is pretty cool.

Example of a couple I like:




Second typography related linky is I'm Comic Sans, Asshole., a short monologue by Mike Lacher. Now as a student  studying graphic design I am often exposed to a lot of Comic Sans hate, and I can't really say I disagree with it having disliked the font since primary school.. But apparently Comic Sans is totally rad and hardcore so who am I to judge?


some hot comic sans action going on here to finish off..

That's all folks!

xx Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment